A booklet for older people and their families, friends and carers. It is also for anyone interested in finding out more about alcohol and ageing.
It has information about:
- how our bodies become less able to cope with alcohol as we age
- how alcohol affects certain medicines and health conditions
- how much alcohol is too much when you’re older
- what older people can do if they think they have a drinking problem.
- what family/whānau can do.
View Alcohol and Older People in PDF.
A booklet for parents and caregivers with helpful information and advice about alcohol and teenagers. It includes:
- tips about delaying their teens drinking as long as possible
- information about being a good role model and building and maintaining a good relationships with teens
- what the law says
- what to do when things go wrong.
View the Alcohol and Your Kids booklet pdf.
A popular pamplet that includes:
- the Drinkcheck questionnaire (WHO's AUDIT tool) to test drinking levels, with information on how to understand the results
- HPA's low-risk alcohol drinking advice
- information about standard drinks.
An infosheet explaining what happens in the body when a person drinks alcohol. It covers how alcohol gets into the blood and what happens next in different parts of the body and in an unborn baby.
View What happens when I drink alcohol? infosheet in PDF.